Our Mission: The Central Iowa Art Association is dedicated to promoting visual arts through quality instruction, exhibitions and community outreach.
The Art Center Office hours are:
Monday - Thursday 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
The Central Iowa Art Association
...is a Nonprofit 501(c)(3) dedicated to enriching the Central Iowa Community through teaching and providing awareness in fine arts. The CIAA has been serving the Marshalltown area by providing art classes and workshops for all ages, as well as hosting special events since 1946.
|Volunteers are Always Needed|
If you like art, helping children, are good at hosting a party, decorating, folding newsletters, data entry, writing grant applications, answering the phone, or just being friendly we could use your help! call 641-753-9013
Participating in the arts nurtures cognitive, social and personal competencies:
1. Arts participation can increase academic achievement.
2. Participation can decrease youth involvement in delinquent behavior.
3. Art can improve youth attitudes toward self and others.
4. Creating art contributes to improved critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making.
5. The arts involve communication, manipulation, interpretation and understanding complex symbols (as do language and math -- not so very different).
6. Art fosters higher order thinking skills: Analysis, Synthesis, and Evaluation.
7. Art engages multiple skills and abilities.
8. Art participation develops Imagination and Judgment.
9. Art participation helps overcome disadvantaged backgrounds.
10. There are opportunities to learn from Artist mentors.
11. The arts instill foundational employment skills: Reasoning, Decision Making, Creative Thinking, Problem Solving, and Visualizing.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!